-   -   How do I divide, what would the formula look like? I forgot. Than. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11012-how-do-i-divide-what-would-formula-look-like-i-forgot-than.html)

Carole

How do I divide, what would the formula look like? I forgot. Than.

I am trying to divide on an excel spread sheet, I forgot the formula, can
someone help?

Blade

Hi Carole,
If you are wanting to divide cell A3 by cell A4
Try =SUM(A3/A4)

"Carole" wrote:

I am trying to divide on an excel spread sheet, I forgot the formula, can
someone help?

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

With dividend and divisor p.e. in A1 and A2
=A1/A2

Or, to avoid error when dividing with 0
=IF(A2=0,"",A1/A2)

Or, to prevent calculations too, when either dividend or divisor cell is
empty
=IF(OR(A1="",A2="",A2=0),"",A1/A2)

Arvi Laanemets

"Carole" wrote in message
I am trying to divide on an excel spread sheet, I forgot the formula, can
someone help?

Ken Wright

No need for the SUM bit. =A3/A4 will suffice

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03