-   -   I have tried & can't get rid of the decimal point in an Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110014-i-have-tried-cant-get-rid-decimal-point-excel.html)

WJP

I have tried & can't get rid of the decimal point in an Excel

I have used all format options and cannot put in numbers without them
defaulting to 2 decimal places. I put in 22 and when I move to another cell
it defaults to .22. If I format the cells to 0 decimal places, it zeros out
the numbers. I have tried verything including re-installation and error
check. Has anyone else had this problem?

The only way to get numbers in is with text and then functions do not work.
Others send me spreadsheets with numbers but I cannot change the numbers
without the problem happening

This is Office 2003 Prof

Ron Coderre

I have tried & can't get rid of the decimal point in an Excel

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<edit tab
UNcheck: Fixed decimal places