-   -   How do I get "minimum value" in a range to NOT return zero? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10999-how-do-i-get-%22minimum-value%22-range-not-return-zero.html)

Blade

How do I get "minimum value" in a range to NOT return zero?

I'm trying to keep the =MIN from returning 0 as the minimum value. Is this
possible?

JulieD

Hi Blade

try
=SMALL(C1:C10,COUNTIF(C1:C10,0)+1)

where C1:C10 is the range you're looking for the minimum in.

Cheers
JulieD

"Blade" wrote in message
I'm trying to keep the =MIN from returning 0 as the minimum value. Is this
possible?

Peo Sjoblom

If there are only positive values

=LARGE(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,"0"))

if there can be negative values

=MIN(IF(A1:A10<0,A1:A10))

note that the latter formula MUST be entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Blade" wrote:

I'm trying to keep the =MIN from returning 0 as the minimum value. Is this
possible?

Blade

Thanks, this works great when selecting a range like A1:A:10
Is there different syntax for selecting individual cells like A1, A3, A5, A7
where A1, A3, A5, A7 represent values for a separate calculation?

"Blade" wrote:

I'm trying to keep the =MIN from returning 0 as the minimum value. Is this
possible?

Myrna Larson

Here's one way:

=MIN(IF(A1:A7<0,IF(MOD(ROW(A1:A7),2)=1,A1:A7)))

This is an array formula and must be entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.