-   -   Why can't I sum two numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10998-why-cant-i-sum-two-numbers.html)

Libby

Why can't I sum two numbers?

JulieD

Umm ...
1) calculation is set to manual rather than automatic (tools / options /
calculations)
2) they're not really numbers but numbers entered as text (right mouse click
on them, choose format cells and see what is selected) - to change, copy a
blank cell (from another sheet) click on your "numbers" choose edit / paste
special - add. Type your formula again and see it works.
3) you don't know the formula try =A1+B1 where A1 & B1 are your cell