-   -   How do I formate cells in excell to show inputed date as 09/13/ (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109934-how-do-i-formate-cells-excell-show-inputed-date-09-13-a.html)

Dave Wentz

How do I formate cells in excell to show inputed date as 09/13/

I have been trying to format colum A to show dates of financial transactions.
I would like to be able to do this in the traditional way of mm/dd/yy. Any
help anyone could offer me would be greatly appreciated. I was ok on
previous versions of Excell, but frankly, I am lost on this version.
--
Dave Wentz

Max

How do I formate cells in excell to show inputed date as 09/13/

Select the column
Click Format Cells Number tab
Choose "Custom", then in the "Type:" box, enter: mm/dd/yy
--
Max
Singapore