-   -   Need a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109713-need-formula.html)

Trad

Need a formula

Its very simple. I want to input text into column C I want it to search
column A to find the same value and then return the results of column B.

Column A Column B Column C
0OK7 Haskell, OK
10XS Archer City, TX
1MO0 Dearborn, MO
1ND3 Kindred, ND

Many thanks....

shail

Need a formula

Hi Trad,

Use VLOOKUP as below:

=VLOOKUP(C1,A$1:A$4,2,FALSE)

Thanks,

Shail

Trad wrote:
Its very simple. I want to input text into column C I want it to search
column A to find the same value and then return the results of column B.

Column A Column B Column C
0OK7 Haskell, OK
10XS Archer City, TX
1MO0 Dearborn, MO
1ND3 Kindred, ND

Many thanks....

Allllen

Need a formula

Column A Column B Column C Column D
0OK7 Haskell, OK 1ND3 =VLOOKUP(C2,A:B,2,0)
10XS Archer City, TX
1MO0 Dearborn, MO
1ND3 Kindred, ND

--
Allllen

"Trad" wrote:

Its very simple. I want to input text into column C I want it to search
column A to find the same value and then return the results of column B.

Column A Column B Column C
0OK7 Haskell, OK
10XS Archer City, TX
1MO0 Dearborn, MO
1ND3 Kindred, ND

Many thanks....

Joe_Germany

Need a formula

If U understood correctly, U cant check if between col A & B

If so try this for ROW 2..

=if((MID(A2,2,2)=RIGHT(B2,2),"OK","NOTOK")

HTH
Joe

Trad wrote:
Its very simple. I want to input text into column C I want it to search
column A to find the same value and then return the results of column B.

Column A Column B Column C
0OK7 Haskell, OK
10XS Archer City, TX
1MO0 Dearborn, MO