-   -   Cell with zero to appear as empty (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109653-cell-zero-appear-empty.html)

Ewout

Cell with zero to appear as empty

Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but I
want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

Bob Phillips

Cell with zero to appear as empty

ToolsOptionsView uncheck Zero values.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ewout" wrote in message
Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but I
want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

RagDyeR

Cell with zero to appear as empty

Change your formulas to return the #N/A error instead of 0, which XL will
not graph.

=IF(SUM(A1:A20),SUM(A1:A20),#N/A)

=IF(A20*A10,A20*A10,#N/A)
--
HTH,

RD

"Ewout" wrote in message
Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but I
want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

mark lane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewout
Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but I
want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

here is another way to do this
for example

in column a you have jobs estimated and column b you have number of men working and column c would be the total hours worked (column a * column b) hide column c and use column d for the totals
put this formula in column d

=if(c1=0,"",c1) this will only show a value in d1. if b*a = 0 then nothing shows up in d.

i hope this helps.

Ewout

Cell with zero to appear as empty

Thanks, that was just the answer I was looking for!
--
Ewout

"Ewout" wrote in message
Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but I
want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

RagDyeR

Cell with zero to appear as empty

Thanks for the feed-back.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"RagDyer" wrote:

Change your formulas to return the #N/A error instead of 0, which XL will
not graph.

=IF(SUM(A1:A20),SUM(A1:A20),#N/A)

=IF(A20*A10,A20*A10,#N/A)
--
HTH,

RD

-

-
"Ewout" wrote in message
Is it possible in Excel 2003 to make a cell with a formula, that has the
outcome zero, to appear as an empty cell? I am making a line graphic but

want the cells with zero not added in the graphic. How is this possible?
--
Ewout

Ewout

Cell with zero to appear as empty

Dear Bob,

Was already aware of that option, but then zero still appears in a graphic.
The answer of RagDyer gave me what I needed. Thanks for the effort, though!
--
Ewout