-   -   how do i use & sign without it thinking its a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109591-how-do-i-use-sign-without-thinking-its-formula.html)

sonnie1964

how do i use & sign without it thinking its a formula

I am trying to use a header that says Bldgs E & F but the & sign keeps going
away and only keeps the E F is there something i need to put in front of &
sign to make is stay???

Dave F

how do i use & sign without it thinking its a formula

What are you typing into the header?

Excel uses the ampersand symbol to perform concatenations (joining text
strings together) so perhaps it thinks you're trying to concatenate E and F.

What happens if you put "E and F" in the header?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"sonnie1964" wrote:

I am trying to use a header that says Bldgs E & F but the & sign keeps going
away and only keeps the E F is there something i need to put in front of &
sign to make is stay???

Bob Phillips

how do i use & sign without it thinking its a formula

Use two

&&

--
HTH