-   -   my vertical text, across several rows in Excel, is not appearing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109310-my-vertical-text-across-several-rows-excel-not-appearing.html)

Jeff

my vertical text, across several rows in Excel, is not appearing

I am trying to get a comment to appear across several rows on an Excel
worksheet, vertically. I have tried everything in the Format option of the
menu, but it just won't appear without making the row the size of the
comment. I want it to print across the rows that there is nothing in.

Dave F

my vertical text, across several rows in Excel, is not appearing

Just click in a corner of the comment window and resize to suit your needs.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Jeff" wrote:

I am trying to get a comment to appear across several rows on an Excel
worksheet, vertically. I have tried everything in the Format option of the
menu, but it just won't appear without making the row the size of the
comment. I want it to print across the rows that there is nothing in.

Jeff

my vertical text, across several rows in Excel, is not appeari

As I stated, I want the statement to show across several rows (top to
bottom), not resize the space it is in. I am trying put a statement next to a
layout and I don't want the layout to "expand" with the statement row. When
you are typing a statement across several columns in Excel, the statement
will show across the columns, provided the columns have nothing in them
already. THAT is what I want this statement to do "vertically".