-   -   Creating a clickable button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109126-creating-clickable-button.html)

S Davis

Creating a clickable button

Hey all,

I have written a macro that does the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sub ButtonRefreshTest()

Dim mdb_Obj As Object
Set mdb_Obj = CreateObject("Access.Application")
Dim app As Application
Set app = Application
mdb_Obj.Visible = True

mdb_Obj.OpenCurrentDatabase ("\\~edit~.mdb")
mdb_Obj.DoCmd.RunMacro "Make Union176 Table"
MsgBox "Updated DataBase with Latest Data! Check 'SummarySheet'"
mdb_Obj.Quit

Range("SummarySheet176").QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
app.Application.Calculate
MsgBox "Updated Successfully!"

End Sub
This works fine for me, but I have to run it from within VB. How can I
make this into a clickable button within excel?

Dave F

Creating a clickable button

Make a note of the name of the macro, then go to the Excel worksheet, draw a
button, right-click the button and select assign macro, and click on the
macro name. Then click OK.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.