-   -   Filtering a column, where it stopped showing records (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109122-filtering-column-where-stopped-showing-records.html)

Reid_co

Filtering a column, where it stopped showing records

I have a spreadsheet with close to 12,000 rows and 7 columns of data , and
have filters on each of the columns. As of this past Tuesday, the filter
stopped showing data past the letter S (info goes down to letter X). I
cannot fix this and neither can my IT dept.

Any one know how to correct this?

Thanks

Reid

Ron Coderre

Filtering a column, where it stopped showing records

What you're describing is a known "feature" of Excel.

Debra Dalgleish describes the issue in the below website (along with some
workarounds):
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Does that help?
Regards,