-   -   pivot table pull down filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109009-pivot-table-pull-down-filter.html)

Sanj

pivot table pull down filter

Everytime I added new data in the pivot table field and refreshed,items in
the pull down menu is not sorted in alphabetical order instead added in the
bottom of the list randomly. I mean when I create Pivot table first time pull
down has its item sorted aphabetically but when I update pivot table with new
data items that are added later is not sorted in alphabetical order. Is there
any work around for this?? thanks for you help
sanj

Debra Dalgleish

pivot table pull down filter

Right-click on the field button, and choose Field Settings
Click the Advanced button
Under AutoSort options, select Ascending, click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures