-   -   Number Bullets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108948-number-bullets.html)

Timmy

Number Bullets

I am trying to have number bullets in Excel. I am able to use the function
concatenate, but it does not increment the numbers, such as

1
1.1
1.1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.1 (I need 1.1.1, then 1.1.2, and 1.1.3).
This is an example of what I am using =CONCATENATE($B$4,".",$I$2). The $B$4
value is 1.1 and $I$2 value is 1

Is it possible to do in excel?

[email protected]

Number Bullets

Instead of CONCATENATE, you can just build the string:

=$B$4 & "." & $I$2

There is no way to increment automatically, but you can either refer to
another part of the sheet in your formula that has incremental numbers
ORyou can try using the ROW command which will increment as you copy
down:

= $B$4 & "." & ROW($A1)

If you copy this formula down, the $A1 reference will increment along
with the row value.

Hope that helps...

Timmy

Number Bullets

Thanks for your help, it works.

I am also using the following code. Only difference is that my cell B2, B3,
B4 & so on have the value 1,2,3 etc.

=CONCATENATE($D$4,".",B2)
=CONCATENATE($D$4,".",B3)

" wrote:

Instead of CONCATENATE, you can just build the string:

=$B$4 & "." & $I$2

There is no way to increment automatically, but you can either refer to
another part of the sheet in your formula that has incremental numbers
ORyou can try using the ROW command which will increment as you copy
down:

= $B$4 & "." & ROW($A1)

If you copy this formula down, the $A1 reference will increment along
with the row value.

Hope that helps...

Bob Phillips

Number Bullets