-   -   Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108921-remove-dashes-social-security-numbers.html)

catrose

Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers

How do I remove the dashes from SSN's on a spread sheet? They are NOT setup
as '111-11-1111 I also have a lot of SSN's that start with 00X-XX-XXXX
and I still need the 0's (zeroes) to show.

Bob Phillips

Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")

and format as 0000000000

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"catrose" wrote in message
How do I remove the dashes from SSN's on a spread sheet? They are NOT

setup
as '111-11-1111 I also have a lot of SSN's that start with

00X-XX-XXXX
and I still need the 0's (zeroes) to show.

Don Guillett

Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers

how about using SUBSTITUTE

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"catrose" wrote in message
How do I remove the dashes from SSN's on a spread sheet? They are NOT
setup
as '111-11-1111 I also have a lot of SSN's that start with
00X-XX-XXXX
and I still need the 0's (zeroes) to show.

Nobody

Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers

Edit | Replace | Find What:- | Replace With: "leave it blank" | click Replace
All
Format | Cells | Number tab | Custom | Enter 000000000

mama no teeth

"catrose" wrote:

How do I remove the dashes from SSN's on a spread sheet? They are NOT setup
as '111-11-1111 I also have a lot of SSN's that start with 00X-XX-XXXX
and I still need the 0's (zeroes) o show.

catrose

Remove Dashes from Social Security Numbers

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!