-   -   Sum formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10887-sum-formula.html)

Steve R

Sum formula

I am puzzled on how to write a sum formula for the following
(from a very large entry form that somebody else designed with data validation
which only allows "X") in the size column.

A B C D E F
Red Navy Pewter Small Medium Large
2 X

How do i get a total of small red shirts from a formula ?

Steve

Jason Morin

Does the number (2 in this case) in columns A-C represent
the number to order for that color? If so, try:

=SUMIF(D:D,"x",A:A)

To sum the total small red shirts.

HTH
Jason