-   -   entering text on an excel document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108819-entering-text-excel-document.html)

sexy306

entering text on an excel document

i am using a windows xp home edition, have just downloaded a windows excel
tool to view email attachments but when i try to fill in the spreed sheets i
just can not enter anything on the screen. I have clicked on file and gone
down to edit but i get the message"can not find any version of Microsoft
excel to open this file for editing" Please help me someone.

Gord Dibben

entering text on an excel document

The Excel Viewer you downloaded is exactly that.........a viewer.

You can view and print but not edit any Excel workbooks you open.

You need a full-blown edtion of Excel which you purchase from your local
retailer or off Ebay(watch out for these........be sure it has a licence)

OR you could download the free(90meg) Open Office from

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

You can open Excel files and edit them

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP