-   -   Type info in one cell that automatically repeats in other cells. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108765-type-info-one-cell-automatically-repeats-other-cells.html)

L. Mo

Type info in one cell that automatically repeats in other cells.

Hi,

I'm trying to format a spreadsheet in such a way that when I enter a data
value into a given cell, for instance an ID #, it repeats that same ID #
throughout the spreadsheet without me ever having to type it again.
Basically, the document is 16 pages long, and the ID # is required on every
page. There are other repeat values as well. It just occurred to me that
maybe I could just make it a header, but with all of the different categories
of information I have to add, and the number of spreadsheets I'm dealing
with, that might get ridiculous.

Thanks

Dave F

Type info in one cell that automatically repeats in other cells.

In Sheet1!A1 enter the relevant ID#.

Then, in all subsequent sheets in the workbook enter the formula =Sheet1!A1
where you want the ID# to appear.

Repeat this process for any other values which you want to repeat throughout
your workbook.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"L. Mo" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to format a spreadsheet in such a way that when I enter a data
value into a given cell, for instance an ID #, it repeats that same ID #
throughout the spreadsheet without me ever having to type it again.
Basically, the document is 16 pages long, and the ID # is required on every
page. There are other repeat values as well. It just occurred to me that
maybe I could just make it a header, but with all of the different categories
of information I have to add, and the number of spreadsheets I'm dealing
with, that might get ridiculous.

Thanks

L. Mo

Type info in one cell that automatically repeats in other cell

I'm not into the whole brevity thing, man. Thanks for the info.