-   -   How do I make sure all empty columns are present in a .csv file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108751-how-do-i-make-sure-all-empty-columns-present-csv-file.html)

Decision Assist

How do I make sure all empty columns are present in a .csv file?

I am creating a .csv file to upload into another program that requires that
all columns be present in the file even if no data is entered. How do I make
sure that each column is recognized on each line of the spreadsheet even if
no data is entered? I do not want to manually have to insert info into a
cell to insure that the upload utility acknowledges it. Thank you.

Dave F

How do I make sure all empty columns are present in a .csv file?

Select the table you're importing, then go to Edit--GoTo--Blanks and enter a
value in all the highlighted blanks.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.