-   -   Maybe an array is needed? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108702-maybe-array-needed.html)

Arturo

Maybe an array is needed?

Morning,
I have eight cells that return a text message if certain conditions are met.
Those eight cells have a named range, Range_1. Currently the formula I have
tests just one cell for that string; =IF(G20=msg, "XXX", ""). I would like
to enhance this formula to test if any of the cells in Range_1 result in that
string (a named range msg), and if so display a more detailed message now
€œXXX€, elsewhere. I am trying to work through an array, currently
unsuccessfully.

Sincerely,
Arturo

Bob Umlas

Maybe an array is needed?

=IF(OR(Range_1=msg),"XXX","") array-entered.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP
I'm leading a FREE 1-hour online Webinar on Excel Tips & Tricks on Aug 24,
Sept 28, Oct 12. If interested,
go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellow/orange "Try a free webinar"
link
on the left side, click the Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks link,
follow instructions to register.

You can also order my book on tips & tricks by visiting the site
http://www.iil.com/iil/excelmagic
Thanks.
Bob Umlas