-   -   Excel 2007 Display value based on values in another column range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108433-excel-2007-display-value-based-values-another-column-range.html)

ChrisM

Excel 2007 Display value based on values in another column range

I have an amortization schedule of my mortgage. I want to show the date when
I can cancel my PMI, the date will change based on how much extra principle I
pay each month. So, I want to search a column for a specific value. Once
that value is less than a constant, I want to pull another value and display
it from the same row that first meets the criteria. I want to search a
range of values (I1:I20). I want to locate the row where the value in that
"I" column first goes below 100,000. Now that I have the row, say I10, I
want to display the date value in that row, say A10.

Thankx

shail

Excel 2007 Display value based on values in another column range

hi Chris,

Can make me understand it with an example, that will help me to help
you out.

Thanks,

Shail

ChrisM wrote:
I have an amortization schedule of my mortgage. I want to show the date when
I can cancel my PMI, the date will change based on how much extra principle I
pay each month. So, I want to search a column for a specific value. Once
that value is less than a constant, I want to pull another value and display
it from the same row that first meets the criteria. I want to search a
range of values (I1:I20). I want to locate the row where the value in that
"I" column first goes below 100,000. Now that I have the row, say I10, I
want to display the date value in that row, say A10.

Thankx

ChrisM

Excel 2007 Display value based on values in another column ran

Date Balance Payment Extra Principle (varies) Ending Bal
1/1/06 200,000 1000 1000
198,000
2/1/06 198,000 1000 -
197,000
3/1/06 197,000 1000 2000
194,000

Once the ending balance reaches a certain value, I want to know that date
(column A). I want to watch the Ending Balance value and once it reaches a
threshold, I want to capture the date.

ie. if endingbal < 197500, print date. The problem is that the ending
balance is not on a set schedule since the extra principle I pay varies. I
need to monitor a range in the last column, locate the threshold value and
then display the corresponding date.