-   -   Inverse Sign (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108362-inverse-sign.html)

Mike O

Inverse Sign

OK how do I get an inverse sing in an equaition in Excel? I can do it on my
calculator why not here.

CarlosAntenna

Inverse Sign

If your number is in cell A1, the formula is =1/A1.

Don't think about calulator buttons, think about the mathematical concepts
behing them.

--
Carlos

"Mike O" <Mike wrote in message
OK how do I get an inverse sing in an equaition in Excel? I can do it on
my
calculator why not here.

[email protected]

Inverse Sign

Mike O wrote:
OK how do I get an inverse sing in an equaition in Excel?
I can do it on my calculator why not here.

Do you mean change positive to negative and negative to positive
(inverse sign)?

One way: =-A1 .

But if you are asking about data entry (CHS on some calculators), you
merely enter the minus sign as you type, e.g. -2.5 .

On the off-chance that you really mean "inverse sine" (aka arcsine),
the function is ASIN().