-   -   Indirect (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108326-indirect.html)

Suresh

Indirect

I am trying to build a database which will contain data from various other
workbooks. I used Indirect function to create the same, which apparently has
a limitation that it will work only when the external workbook is open. Are
there any ways to work around this - i.e. any other changes to the formula or
any other formulas? I use concatenate to combine various other fields in the
database to create a file name, sheet name and cell reference which will then
be combined with indirect to return values from the external workbook

RagDyeR

Indirect

Does this thread point you in the right direction:

http://tinyurl.com/lbzho
?
--
HTH,