-   -   Day of week question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108301-day-week-question.html)

[email protected]

Day of week question

I have a monthly time sheet. Each sheet represents a week of the
month. An initial date is entered and the rest of the dates for the
month fill in.

I am trying to verify that the date is actually a Sunday. J4 is
custom formatted as "mmmm" and displays correctly based on the date
entered. This is the formula I am using, but it always returns false.

=IF(AND(J4<"Sunday", J4 < ""), "Error! The date you entered is not
a Sunday", "")

Is there a way to do this?

tia

jp

Dave Peterson

Day of week question

=if(weekday(j4)=1,"Sunday","Not a Sunday")

or

=if(text(j4,"dddd")="Sunday", ....

(You meant dddd not mmmm, right?

--