-   -   I need help to set up a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108227-i-need-help-set-up-spreadsheet.html)

vacation spreadsheet

I need help to set up a spreadsheet

I am doing a spreadsheet for vacations. I will start with hours earned minus
hours used. Each pay period I need to add more hours earned to the last hours
earned. Is there a way to do this without having to calculate each individual
when the new hours earned is the same amount per employee?

Bob Phillips

I need help to set up a spreadsheet

You could put all the paydates across the top as column heading and the
people in rows, and then plug in the extra vacation they will earn for each
month. You can then get the earned to date with a simple

=SUMIF($1:$1,"<="&TODAY(),2:2))

which gives you the earned to date for the guy in row 2.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips