-   -   Simple Dashboards??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10816-simple-dashboards.html)

Jared_Hmr

Simple Dashboards???

I want to use plain bar charts but I want the color to change from red to
yellow to green as the number increases. For example, if a rep made 15 calls
that day then the bar would go slightly up and it would be RED. If the rep
mad 30 calls then the bar would of course go up a little higher and it would
become YELLOW. If ther rep made 45 calls or more then the bar would of course
go up higher and become GREEN.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

tjtjjtjt

This website may help you out:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

tj

"Jared_Hmr" wrote:

I want to use plain bar charts but I want the color to change from red to
yellow to green as the number increases. For example, if a rep made 15 calls
that day then the bar would go slightly up and it would be RED. If the rep
mad 30 calls then the bar would of course go up a little higher and it would
become YELLOW. If ther rep made 45 calls or more then the bar would of course
go up higher and become GREEN.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Ken Wright

This can be done with 3 formulas and a chart.

Assume your names are in A3:A10
Assume your sales are in B3:B10

Creater a table that kinks to this data by putting names again in say D3:D10
(use links if you want the names to change automatically)

Lets assume the breaks were 30 (RED), 70 (YELLOW) and above 70 is (GREEN)

In E3 put =MIN(B3,30)
In F3 put =MIN(B3,70)-E3
In G3 put =MAX(0,B3-SUM(E3:F3))

Copy E3:G3 down to E10:G10

Select D3:G10 and hit the chart button and choose a stacked bar graph. Now
clear the legend and then just format the colours accordingly, which you will
only have to do once.

Regards