-   -   How to set up a cost estimate spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108103-how-set-up-cost-estimate-spreadsheet.html)

mgirving

How to set up a cost estimate spreadsheet?

I want to set up a spreadsheet that calculates a cost estimate based on hour
many hours are inputted against each person (each person having a different
hourly rate)
eg.
Person 1 $100
Person 2 $200
Person 3 $300

Is there anyway I can set it up so that so that if I enter '12' (for 12
hours) next to Person 1, it automatically calculates that person's total as
$1,200 and so on?

Thanks

damorrison

How to set up a cost estimate spreadsheet?

If Name was A2
$$ amount was in B2
Hours were in C2

Type this in D2 =B2*C2 then enter

It appears you could use a crash course in Excel basics Here's a site
to get you started

http://usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

Pete_UK

How to set up a cost estimate spreadsheet?

In case you don't want zeros to appear in column D until you enter some
hours in column C, you could amend the formula in D2 to:

=IF(C2=0,"",B2*C2)

and copy this down.

Hope this helps.

Pete