-   -   tally of nonblank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/108052-tally-nonblank-cells.html)

AustinMom

tally of nonblank cells

I have tried to use the =COUNTA( ) function, but when I select the range of
cells to tally, I don't get a number of cells, I get only the function

Pete_UK

tally of nonblank cells

The cell with the formula in is probably formatted as Text. Use Format
| Cells | Number (tab) to confirm this, and select General or Number
with 0 dp. To get Excel to react to this change, double-click the cell
(as if to edit it) then click elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Pete

AustinMom wrote:
I have tried to use the =COUNTA( ) function, but when I select the range of
cells to tally, I don't get a number of cells, I get only the function

AustinMom

tally of nonblank cells

It worked! Thanks so much!

"AustinMom" wrote:

I have tried to use the =COUNTA( ) function, but when I select the range of
cells to tally, I don't get a number of cells, I get only the function

Pete_UK

tally of nonblank cells

You're welcome.

Pete