-   -   Direct reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107894-direct-reference.html)

Archana

Direct reference

Hello all,
We are making timesheets for every person to fill in. At present every
person needs to goto the cell containing today's Date and start populating
against it.

What I require is that when the excel sheet is opened it should directly
point to the cell containing today's date. and the person does not need to
scroll up / down.

Carim

Direct reference

Hi Archana,

Following should do the job ...
to be added in the worksheet module ...

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Cells.Find(What:="today()", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
_
MatchCase:=False).Activate
End Sub

HTH