-   -   Pasting formulas but not the links help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107844-pasting-formulas-but-not-links-help-needed.html)

[email protected]

Pasting formulas but not the links help needed

How can I paste a formula onto a seperate spreadsheet from a template I
made but not have the link from the template included in the formula?

Dave Peterson

Pasting formulas but not the links help needed

If it's just one cell, I copy it from the formula bar and paste into the formula
bar.

If it's a bunch of cells, I do this:

Select the range to copy
edit|Replace
what: =
with: $$$$$
replace all

Do the copy|paste while my "formulas" are just text.

Tnen reverse it (in both locations).
edit|Replace
what: $$$$$
with: =
replace all

And the Text formulas will change back to formula formulas.

--

Dave Peterson

Zilla

Pasting formulas but not the links help needed

It works. Thanks for the help