-   -   sum a row, but just the cells, where there is a number. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107769-sum-row-but-just-cells-where-there-number.html)

??RUTH??

sum a row, but just the cells, where there is a number.

hi,

I want to calculate numbers in a row, but just, when there is a number in
the cell. if there is no number, don't count.

I tried:

=IF(H26:N26=1,((H26:N26-H9:N9)*H6:N6),"")

Problem:
the cells, which are blank or rather 0 are not missed out.

thx for every help.
ruth

tim m

sum a row, but just the cells, where there is a number.

Are you trying to count the number of cells that have numbers in them or are
you tyring to sum that row? (your title vs what is in the message is a bit
unclear.)

Try,
COUNTIF
If you are trying to count the number of cells that have numbers.