-   -   NESTING FORMULA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107631-nesting-formula.html)

Tonya

NESTING FORMULA

I am trying to write a formula where if in i28="8 x 10 x 7"
then in a3 would = 1510. and i know it can be done but the only way i know
will only let me nest 7 functions. I have alot more than just seven... any
help would be appreciated...

SIZE LIST PRICE

8 X 10 X 7 1510
8 X 12 X 7 1620
8 X 12 X 7 (70 DOOR) 1855
8 X 16 X 7 1950
8 X 16 X 7 (70 DOOR) 2185
10 X 12 X 7 1860
10 X 16 X 7 2305
10 X 16 X 7 (70 DOOR) 2540
10 X 20 X 7 2705
10 X 20 X 8 (6 FT ROLLUP) 3265
10 X 24 X 7 3045
12 X 12 X 7 2070
12 X 16 X 7 2585
12 X 20 X 7 3025
12 X 24 X 7 3455
12 X 24 X 7 (70 DOOR) 3690
12 X 24 X 8 (8 FOOT ROLLUP) 4105
12 X 24 X 8 12" oc (8 FT ROLLUP) 4195

David Billigmeier

NESTING FORMULA

Create a lookup table that is set up the way you have your data below. Let's
just say this table starts in A1 and goes to B20 (i.e. the "sizes" go from
A1:A20, the "list prices" go from B1:B20). Then, use VLOOKUP() in the
following way:

=VLOOKUP(I28,A1:B20,2,0)

Dave