-   -   IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107551-if-function.html)

cwilliams

IF function

I am trying to find a value of a cell. I keep recieving error messages #Name?

If I19 is yes then I want it to calculate a value using (D15/52)*60%
If I19 is no then I want the cell to show"0"

IF(I19=yes,(((D15/52)*0.6)),"0")

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Duke Carey

IF function

Put the yes value within double quotes

=IF(I19="yes",D15/52*0.6,"0")

"cwilliams" wrote:

I am trying to find a value of a cell. I keep recieving error messages #Name?

If I19 is yes then I want it to calculate a value using (D15/52)*60%
If I19 is no then I want the cell to show"0"

IF(I19=yes,(((D15/52)*0.6)),"0")

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ron Coderre

IF function

Try this:

=IF(I19="yes",(D15/52)*0.6,0)

In quotes, Excel interprets "yes" as simple text. Without the quotes, it
looks for a function or range with that name.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"cwilliams" wrote:

I am trying to find a value of a cell. I keep recieving error messages #Name?

If I19 is yes then I want it to calculate a value using (D15/52)*60%
If I19 is no then I want the cell to show"0"

IF(I19=yes,(((D15/52)*0.6)),"0")

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cwilliams