-   -   Summing Values in a Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107458-summing-values-row.html)

[email protected]

Summing Values in a Row

I am having a problem finding a way to find specific values in a column
and give a value in the row where that specific value is.

Ok here is what I am trying to do. I have 2 worksheets, 1 with the
months as the headings, the other with data. I have dates on the data
spread sheet going down and there are figures associated with each of
those dates. I am trying to sum up the figures for specific months on
the 1st spread sheet. So far I created a function that gave a month in
text associated with the figures. Now I want to populate the sums of,
say all "January's" on the 1st worksheet. I have used excel a lot and
can not seem to figure this out. Please help!

I am not sure if that is explained right, please let me know if you
need more info!

Pat

Max

Summing Values in a Row

Assume source data in Sheet1, cols A to C,
real dates running in A1 down, values to be summed in col C,
data is expected within rows 1 to 100

Then in your 2nd sheet, assuming "1st-of-month" real dates are listed in A1
down (as the month rowheaders)

Put this in B1:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100,"mmm-yy")=TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy")),Sheet1!$C$1:$C$100)
Copy B1 down

Adapt the ranges to suit. Note that sumproduct will not accept entire col
references (eg: A:A, C:C).
--
Max
Singapore