-   -   Hidden Range Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107367-hidden-range-names.html)

[email protected]

Hidden Range Names

Hi, I am experiencing some difficulty with what appear to be hidden
range names in my workbooks. I am copying a sheet in the same workbook
and keep getting the message that range in the destination sheet
already exist. I then have to press the Yes button or redefine the
names, which takes a lot of time.
What is really frustrating me is that the range names cannot be seen
anywhere on the sheet or in the range name list under
INSERTNAMEDEFINE
Can anyone help me in clearing the names please?

Carim

Hidden Range Names

Hello André,

Take a look at the solution in following post :
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7ec85c0c714eb7

HTH
Cheers
Carim

wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing some difficulty with what appear to be hidden
range names in my workbooks. I am copying a sheet in the same workbook
and keep getting the message that range in the destination sheet
already exist. I then have to press the Yes button or redefine the
names, which takes a lot of time.
What is really frustrating me is that the range names cannot be seen
anywhere on the sheet or in the range name list under
INSERTNAMEDEFINE
Can anyone help me in clearing the names please?

[email protected]

Hidden Range Names

Thanks Carim, but that doesn't work. These names do not appear when I
try to list them and I have experienced this in previous companies too.
It seems to have something to do with using Essbase add-in, but I can't
figure it out.

André

Carim

Hidden Range Names

André,

Best solution in this case is to get NameManager addin from
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

HTH
Cheers
Carim