-   -   Excel merge or data form (for invoice)..help!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10733-excel-merge-data-form-invoice-help.html)

LeeAnne

Excel merge or data form (for invoice)..help!!

I am trying to create invoices
Date, description, amount per, amount
I have this already created in an excel form and I want to transfer this
into the invoice I have created in excel. How can I transfer this info into
the cells and print invoices one at a time with the info from the
worksheet...its kind of like a filling in of a form letter...

Does anyone understand what I am asking...HELP

Debra Dalgleish

You can use the VLOOKUP function to return the details after you have
entered the invoice number. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and
here;

To make it easy to enter the invoice numbers, you can use a Data
Validation list. There are instructions he

There's a sample invoice that uses data validation and VLookup formulas
he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Invoice for Selected Number'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List