-   -   AutoSelect? in Drop Down List Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107269-autoselect-drop-down-list-box.html)

Amean1

AutoSelect? in Drop Down List Box

I am trying to create an invoice template and added a drop down list
box in the description field to provide valid available product
description to select from to avoid typing.

Problem that I am having is that this only allows me to select
description by scrolling down in the list box. I would like to be able
to type first couple of letters and have the cursor move down to the
correct section to make selection quicker and easier specially since I
will have approx 500 different description to pick from....

Would greatly appreciate any assistance with this request.

Debra Dalgleish

AutoSelect? in Drop Down List Box

Data validation doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use
programming, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from
which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In
the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures