-   -   copying info from one cell to another, changing the format, but leaving the number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107253-copying-info-one-cell-another-changing-format-but-leaving-number.html)

herosuper

copying info from one cell to another, changing the format, but leaving the number

I would like to transfer a number from one cell to another... problem is
that after I do calculations in one format, I need the number to perform
another calculation in another format... for example, I calculate time
to get my total time (in minutes), lets say the number is 231 minutes
in the [mm] format. I now need the 231 to be transfered to another
cell but I need it in a general number format. So how do I change the
format and keep the same number? Any suggestions or ideas?

--
herosuper

RagDyeR

copying info from one cell to another, changing the format, but leaving the number

Multiply by 1440 (24*60), and make sure the cell is formatted as either
General or Number.
--
HTH,

RD