-   -   How can I get assistance on Excel Formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107222-how-can-i-get-assistance-excel-formula.html)

art500

How can I get assistance on Excel Formula?

In Excel I need a formula to set up a puzzle as follows:
Grid of 81 cells set up 9 rows and 9 columns.
each row and column can only have numbers 1 thru 9 each row & column.
Each row and column has to have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 in any order as long as
each row & column has all 9 digits represented.
example: Column A and Row 1 have a common number (1 thru 9) this number
cannot be repeated in Column A or Row 1. Next row/column relates the same as
previous row/Column,

How would this formula be written?

Toppers

How can I get assistance on Excel Formula?

Sudoku puzzle?

It cannot be done with a formula .. you will need to write a VBA oe
equivalent) application and there are already plenty available.

"art500" wrote:

In Excel I need a formula to set up a puzzle as follows:
Grid of 81 cells set up 9 rows and 9 columns.
each row and column can only have numbers 1 thru 9 each row & column.
Each row and column has to have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 in any order as long as
each row & column has all 9 digits represented.
example: Column A and Row 1 have a common number (1 thru 9) this number
cannot be repeated in Column A or Row 1. Next row/column relates the same as
previous row/Column,

How would this formula be written?

RagDyeR

How can I get assistance on Excel Formula?

Check out these 2 links:

http://andypope.info/fun/sudoku.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...809721033.aspx

--