-   -   How do I choose first value greater than 0? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107169-how-do-i-choose-first-value-greater-than-0-a.html)

jagruc

How do I choose first value greater than 0?

I have a worksheet with data by month in columns. I want to look through the data consecutively and find the first value greater than 0 in each row.

I can do this with an imbedded if statement, but I did not know until recently that you can only have 8 IF's. So it takes two if formulas, the first with 8 IFs the second with five, one to compare to the result of the first IF formula and the rest to check the final 4 months of data.

I tried to figure out a way to use the CHOOSE option to make this work but had no success there.

Is there a better way to do this?

Carim

How do I choose first value greater than 0?

Hi,

Take a look at Tom's solution in following post,
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...91947f4f49f236

and adjust to your needs ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Biff

How do I choose first value greater than 0?

Hi!

Try this:

Entered as an array using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just
ENTER):

=INDEX(B1:M1,MATCH(TRUE,B1:M10,0))

Biff

--