18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

T Kirtley

Help with function

You can use the SUMIF() function to do this. Try out the following formula in
cell C1 of Sheet 2, and copy it down to C2:

=SUMIF('Sheet 1'!A:A,A1,'Sheet 1'!B:B)+SUMIF('Sheet 2'!A:A,A1,'Sheet 2'!B:B)

HTH,

TK

"tiq" wrote:

Sheet 1
A B C D
1234 50
18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

T Kirtley

Help with function

Oops, forgot to edit the formula after I re-read the post.

Try this:

=SUMIF('Sheet 1'!A:A,A1,'Sheet 1'!C:C)

This will add any value in column C of Sheet 2 with a matching value in the
same fow of Sheet 1. by selecting the enitre columns it won't matter how many
rows of data that get added to Sheet 2.

Also, if you want to add more values to total up on Sheet 1 just add them to
column 1 and copy the formula down a row.

Hope that helps,

TK