-   -   move column on condition (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107153-move-column-condition.html)

JICDB

move column on condition

I think I am going to have to use a macro to perform this function but I
really only know how to record one with the button. What code do I use to
complete this task. I have a data set with more than one column and more
than one row of data. The worksheet shows several rows grouped together with
a space between groups. Each group is of varying size. I want to grab
column B - in which each group of data contains one text cell and the rest
numbers. I want to move only the text cells from column B into a different
column (G). Is there a way to do this?

Example - I want to move the Cells containing TEXT because it is not a
number into another column
TEXT Description
208 Description
213 Description
209 Description
240 Description

430 Description
392 Description
420 Descriiption
412 Description
511 Description
TEXT Description
401 Descrtiption

Don Guillett

move column on condition

something like
for each c in range("a1:a21")
if isnumeric(c) then c.offset(,2)=c
next

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JICDB" wrote in message
[...]

Should this be in a macro or part of the cell? If in a cell what is the
exact verbage"
=if(isnumber(B1),"".(B1)offsett(,2)?

"JICDB" wrote in message
[...]

what I gave was in the form of a macro. If you prefer a formula, modify this
to suit.

=IF(ISNUMBER(Q1),1,2)

--
Don Guillett