-   -   Sorting more than 3 columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107151-sorting-more-than-3-columns.html)

chad

Sorting more than 3 columns

I would like to sort more than 3 columns. The tool provided by Excel onlyi
allows me to sort on three columns. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
how I can do this?

Thanks,
Chad

Dave Peterson

Sorting more than 3 columns

You can do data|sort multiple times.

Start with the most minor fields and sort them (3 at a time), then the next 3
fields, then the next three, etc.

--

Dave Peterson

Pierre

Sorting more than 3 columns

Chad wrote:
I would like to sort more than 3 columns. The tool provided by Excel onlyi
allows me to sort on three columns. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
how I can do this?

Thanks,
Chad

Chad, I'm sure you can find a solution that works for you in here.
Google is your friend.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rch+this+group

Pierre