-   -   Copied tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/107102-copied-tabs.html)

Don_S

Copied tabs

OK,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a tab that I copy into other spreadsheets
on a rather regular basis. It has to do with legacy data. Anyway, I copy it
in, do a find and replace to get links to the original spreadheet to point
internally to a tab within the "new" one. This no longer works. As soon as
I try the "find and replace", it tries to relink to an external spreadsheet.

(this is the formula) =[Labels_7.xls]Hardware!A4
(replace this) [Labels_7.xls]H
(with this) H

(should get) =Hardware!A4

It tries to update the data externally, then
(I get) =[Hardware]Hardware!A4

How do I just get the formula to stay within the spreadsheet? This has
worked fine for YEARS until this morning. AND it's happening on more than
one machine in the office!

paul

Copied tabs

tryedit links and navigate back to the worksheet you are working on
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!