-   -   I want to us Pivot Table to calculate the % of one Item ("Yes") (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106980-i-want-us-pivot-table-calculate-%25-one-item-yes.html)

El tenacious D

I want to us Pivot Table to calculate the % of one Item ("Yes")

I am trying to calculate the % of time a word("Yes") appears in a column
realtive to other variables in another column. Example if I have 3 mills x,
y and z and i want to know the % of times that the word "yes" appears in all
entries for mill x, how do I that? Thank you

bpeltzer

I want to us Pivot Table to calculate the % of one Item ("Yes")

Highlight your column of data, then Data Pivot Table... Click Next, Next,
then Layout. Drag 'mill' to the row header field, and drag it also to the
data field. Click OK then Finish. Right-click in one of the mill's 'total'
fields (where you see the number indicating how many times it appeared).
Select Field Settings, then Options. Use the lower drop-down, 'Show data as'
and select "% of column." Click OK.