-   -   Color formula function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106976-color-formula-function.html)

darrod64

Color formula function

Hello,
I am trying to create a worksheet for keeping track of my concrete color
formulas.

I will be inputting information using units of weight (lbs., oz., grams).
ex. col. b cement 1lb. 11.2 oz
col. c sand 4 lbs. 15.5 oz
col. d metakaolin 0lbs. 4.8 oz
col. e water 0 lbs. 13.9 oz
other criteria may be entered in grams also.

Is there a function I can use to give me a total weight using these units
of measure.
MS Office 2003
--
Darren

tim m

Color formula function

It's more difficult to try to calculate data that is text and numbers so you
might want to just use the cement, sand and such as categories and then just
use the numbers for calculation. If I was to do this I might just enter the
data in ounces, then sum then convert so it shows as pounds and ounces.

Using your data I would enter 27.2 ounces, 79.5 ounces, 4.8 ounces and 13.9
ounces.
Then in a cell sum them up and divide by 16 to give you the total of pounds
and ounces. Does that make any sense?

"darrod64" wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to create a worksheet for keeping track of my concrete color
formulas.

I will be inputting information using units of weight (lbs., oz., grams).
ex. col. b cement 1lb. 11.2 oz
col. c sand 4 lbs. 15.5 oz
col. d metakaolin 0lbs. 4.8 oz
col. e water 0 lbs. 13.9 oz
other criteria may be entered in grams also.

Is there a function I can use to give me a total weight using these units
of measure.
MS Office 2003
--
Darren

darrod64

Color formula function

Thanks tim.

That was my initial thought, but I was hoping to be able to stay away
from having to convert everything. As I already have 20 color variations to
compile this will be a lot of converting. Also I can take one pigment color
and add different colored sand, white or grey cement.
I was reading in microsoft office online something about custom number
formatting for displaying text with a number.
If only I can figure out how to apply this to my situation.
--
Darren