-   -   Connecting two databases in MS Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106923-connecting-two-databases-ms-query.html)

Dean

Connecting two databases in MS Query

Is it possible and if so how, to connect two system databases on two servers
into one MS query?

It's possible in MS Access but I don't know how in MS Excel!

Suggestions please...

Thanks
Dean

Dave F

Connecting two databases in MS Query

Can you connect the two tables in MS Access and then use MS Query to access
that connected table?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dean" wrote:

Is it possible and if so how, to connect two system databases on two servers
into one MS query?

It's possible in MS Access but I don't know how in MS Excel!

Suggestions please...

Thanks
Dean

Dean

Connecting two databases in MS Query

Fraid not, I don't have MS Access. I've just seen it done on someone else's
machine!

"Dean" wrote:

Is it possible and if so how, to connect two system databases on two servers
into one MS query?

It's possible in MS Access but I don't know how in MS Excel!

Suggestions please...

Thanks
Dean

Dave F

Connecting two databases in MS Query

Here's a possible workaround.

Create one query off db1 and save the data in an Excel worksheet.

Create a second query off db2 and save the data in another Excel worksheet.

Create a third query which uses those two Excel worksheets as its source data.

Of course, if the records are more than 65000 rows in length you're out of
luck. Maybe then you could save the query results as a .csv file and query
off that. I've never done that before but don't see why it wouldn't work?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.