-   -   Filter or Look up? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106903-filter-look-up.html)

Filter or Look up?

I have a large worksheet of data (approx 1500 rows) that has 5 columns at the
far right that identify exceptions or changes between 2 worksheets. I want an
end product that is all on one page and only lists the rows that have
exceptions. This one page report would have all 5 types of exceptions on one
page. I started with a simple filter for each column but I can only show one
type of exception at a time.
Any suggestions?

Franz Verga

Filter or Look up?

K wrote:
I have a large worksheet of data (approx 1500 rows) that has 5
columns at the far right that identify exceptions or changes between
2 worksheets. I want an end product that is all on one page and only
lists the rows that have exceptions. This one page report would have
all 5 types of exceptions on one page. I started with a simple filter
for each column but I can only show one type of exception at a time.
Any suggestions?

Hi K,

it depends on *how* did you built your 5 columns. If you used some VLOOKUP
formulas, you will have some #N/D or some 0 or some "" (i.e. some blanks)
where you don't have any exceptions or changes between the two worksheets. I
think you could add another column to check if there is a value different
from a blank or 0 or #N/D in the 5 columns and than filter on this sixth
column.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Filter or Look up?

That is exactly what i ended up doing, thanks,