-   -   excel, how enter 15 digits in a cell without rounding off last? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106764-excel-how-enter-15-digits-cell-without-rounding-off-last.html)

mike marcus

excel, how enter 15 digits in a cell without rounding off last?

How can I enter over 15 digits in a cell without it rounding off the excess
digits?

Toppers

excel, how enter 15 digits in a cell without rounding off last?

You can't enter a numeric value 15 digits so you need to format the cell as
TEXT but obviously you cannot use this for calculations.

Not for Credit Card Number by any chance?

HTH

"mike marcus" wrote:

How can I enter over 15 digits in a cell without it rounding off the excess
digits?

MyVeryOwnSelf

excel, how enter 15 digits in a cell without rounding off last?

How can I enter over 15 digits in a cell without it rounding off the
excess digits?

You can't enter a numeric value 15 digits so you need to format the
cell as TEXT but obviously you cannot use this for calculations.

Start with an apostrophe (').

As noted above, this makes a text value, not numeric. You can’t do
arithmetic with it the way you may expect.

mike marcus

excel, how enter 15 digits in a cell without rounding off las

No, transaction #'s and I don't need math calcs. So text is fine. I got it
now thanks