-   -   sum one cell from multiple worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106755-sum-one-cell-multiple-worksheets.html)

abrusey

sum one cell from multiple worksheets

Hello!

Does anyone know of a quick way to sum one cell (for ex. A1) for all
worksheets in the workbook (say there are 10 total + 1 Summary worksheet) on
the summary worksheet?

Please let me know if the question needs additional clarification.

thanks!

GHawkins

sum one cell from multiple worksheets

Click the cell where you want to enter the function and type "=sum(" minus
the quotes. Click on the tab for the first worksheet you want to be
referenced, hold down the SHIFT key, and click on the other tab(s) you want
to reference. After all tabs are selected, select the cell or range you want
to reference (such as A1) and press Enter. Your formula will end up looking
something like this:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1)

"abrusey" wrote:

Hello!

Does anyone know of a quick way to sum one cell (for ex. A1) for all
worksheets in the workbook (say there are 10 total + 1 Summary worksheet) on
the summary worksheet?

Please let me know if the question needs additional clarification.

thanks!

Gord Dibben

sum one cell from multiple worksheets

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet11!A1)

If your sheets have unique names, insert a new dummy sheet at beginning. Name
it Start.

Insert another dummy sheet at end. Name it End.

=SUM(Start:End!A1) will cover all sheets in between no matter what the name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:39:02 -0700, abrusey
wrote:

Hello!

Does anyone know of a quick way to sum one cell (for ex. A1) for all
worksheets in the workbook (say there are 10 total + 1 Summary worksheet) on
the summary worksheet?

Please let me know if the question needs additional clarification.

thanks!

abrusey

sum one cell from multiple worksheets

Thank you both for the assistance!!!