-   -   Vlookup using a formula possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106669-vlookup-using-formula-possible.html)

sverre

Vlookup using a formula possible?

Hi

I have used right to get rid of the first number in a cell. When I try to do
a lookup with this formula Excel returns N/A.

Is it not possible to use a cell with a value returned from a formula as
lookupvalue?

Sverre

Bob Phillips

Vlookup using a formula possible?

Probably looking for a string in a set of numbers, try this approach]

=VLOOKUP(--G1,K1:L10,2,FALSE)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips